Program learning outcomes outline what Mohawk's graduates need to know and be able to do after they complete this program.
Initially, most program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators. Now, they are reviewed and updated during program review, in consultation with employers, graduates, and current students.
If you want to find out more about MTCUs Published College Program Standards Click Here
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Evaluate the impact of various world matters when managing a global business.
- Conduct business in compliance to regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Asses and use information technology to increase business efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Analyze the implications associated with the importing and exporting functions of a business to facilitate international trade.
- Collect, process and interpret market research data to confirm trends and develop creative business initiatives and solutions.
- Select, develop and implement strategies to conduct business with diverse populations using culturally appropriate methods.
- Apply best practices in human resource development and management to meet strategic goals in a family business environment.
- Select and use communication strategies that respond to the challenges and opportunities that exist when working with family members.
- Develop sound business strategies to facilitate trading in the global marketplace.
- Apply sound financial principles in all business operations.
- Build and manage relationships to ensure a harmonious working environment.
- Consider the interaction of leadership, family and business dynamics when solving problems and making business decisions.
- Apply quality control and assurance programs to global business processes and practices.
- Conduct business in compliance with ethical, professional and corporate responsibilities in a global business environment.
- Employ entrepreneurial strategies to maximize the effectiveness of international business initiatives.
- Communicate accurately persuasively and credibly to all stakeholders, to ensure effective business dealings.
Essential Employability Skills
All graduates with the following Ontario College credentials, Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma and Ontario College Advanced Diploma, must be able to reliably demonstrate Essential Employability Skills in a combination of the following 11 skill areas:
- Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
- Respond to written, spoken or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
- Execute mathematical operations accurately.
- Apply a systematic approach to solve problems.
- Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
- Locate, select, organize and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
- Analyze, evaluate and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Show respect for diverse opinions, values, belief systems and contributions of others.
- Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
- Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
- Take responsibility for one's own actions, decisions and consequences.
Find out more about Essential Employability Skills here.